0 miles from Lake Tahoe
Homewood West Shore Classic - Lake Views - a SkyRun North Tahoe Property
This spacious West Shore family home is a timeless classic. Built in 1979, this 3514 sq. ft, 5 BD, 5 BA home is nestled in the pines on a large lot across the street from the picturesque sandy beaches and the pristine waters of Lake Tahoe. The spacious lot showcases a large front lawn area, grand-stone entrance, newly landscaped backyard with deck, stunning views of the Lake, a piped-in gas BBQ during summer months and a large garage and roomy driveway for vehicle or boat parking.
The classic design of the home was artfully built for large or intimate gatherings. On the main level, the inviting family and living room boast a beautiful stone-hearth wood fireplace, oversized leather couches and recliners, entertainment center, games, a wet bar in the living room and is the perfect gathering place for those chilly days coming off the mountain. On those cool summer nights open the sliding door off the living room to welcome the breeze from the pines and Lake or step out to the lovely landscaped backyard with views of Lake, piped-in gas BBQ and large deck. Back inside the home, the roomy kitchen is well-equipped with all the essentials you need, a breakfast bar with seating for 2, mini-bar, door that leads to the backyard and a charming breakfast nook that brings in natural light to welcome a new day. Off the kitchen you will love the large dining room that is open and airy, features a 12-seat antique wood table, french doors that open to backyard and is the perfect place for all to leisurely gather and enjoy your favorite meal. A full shared bathroom and a Library that conveniently converts into a private fifth guest bedroom with a queen sofa sleeper is nearby.
Upstairs you will find the four spacious bedrooms featuring two master king suites and two oversized guest bedrooms with a connected full bathroom. For your added comfort during your stay, settle in and get a good nights sleep in the comfy beds with lush bed linens and top-bedding.
When you are ready for some fun in the sun enter through the gates of the McKinney Shores HOA Lake front amenities - an easy, short walk from the home. Enjoy access to a private beach, pier, BBQ pits, picnic area and more.
To learn more about HOA amenities visit: McKinney Shores HOA Lake Front Amenities.
ABOUT THE AREA
Lake Tahoe's West Shore is the Black Forest of Lake Tahoe with a history just as compelling that boasts a mossy, deep-woods aesthetic, not to mention the Sugar Pine Point State Park, one of most epic on the Lake.
There are a variety of activities and adventures for young and old alike - whether it's hiking/biking outside your back door or on the breathtaking Blackwood Canyon, spending a day at Homewood Mountain Resort - one of Tahoe's original family-friendly resorts providing unbeatable peak-to-shore experience, visiting Obexer's Boat Company - Tahoe's first full service marina, or heading to Chambers's Landing (est. in 1875) the region's oldest bar to quench your palette while overlooking the Lake. There's something for everyone! Spend a day or two on the West Shore and you'll understand immediately why it's called the "Magical West Shore".
To learn more about activities, adventures and events visit: Tahoe's West Shore Association/Activities.
Boat Launching/Put-In Facilities: Visit: Obexer's Marina or call (530) 525-0703 for further information. Obexer's Marina is 0.5 miles/10 minute walk heading north from the property. Your are welcome to put-in at the Marina and boat down to the McKinney Shores private pier and pick up your guests for play-time on the Lake. You can not leave your boat unattended at the pier. Note: The home has a large driveway for parking your boat if needed.
Bedrooms: 5 | Bathrooms: 5 | Maximun Occupancy: 12 | 3,514 Sq. ft
- Master King Suite 1: (Upstairs)
- Master King Suite 2: (Upstairs)
- BR 3: Queen, Twin (Upstairs)
- BR4: Queen, Twin (Upstairs)
- BR 5/Library: Queen Sofa Sleeper ( Ground Floor)
- Full Shared Bathroom: Shower/tub combo (Ground Floor)
- Full Private Connected Bathroom: In all bedrooms (Upstairs)
- Flatscreen TV, Entertainment Center in family and living room and Master King Suite 1
- Piped-in gas BBQ on the large deck during Summer months
- HOA Amenities on the Lake - private beach, pier, BBQ pits, picnic area (short walk across street)
- Lake, Mountain and Pine Views
- Easy access to West Shore attractions - Emerald Bay, Sunnyside, Sugar Pine State Park, Eagle, Homewood Mountain Resort (5 minute drive), Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows (20 minute drive)
- Easy access to home from all entrances in Spring, Summer and early Fall months. Front door is not accessible in Winter. The home is accessible through the side door or attached garage
- Private in-home washer and dryer
- Parking: Property allows for 5 vehicles - 1 in garage/ 4 in driveway. AWD is recommended in inclement weather
RENTAL TERMS/DISCLOSURESTo view full rental terms visit: SkyRun Rental Terms and Conditions
- No smoking,
- No pets
- No house parties or events
- Check out time: 10am unless other arrangement have been made with SkyRun
- Parking in specific areas on the West Shore can be strictly enforced. To avoid towing or ticket(s), adhere to parking signs and allocations at all times. SkyRun is not responsible for any damage that may happen to your vehicle
- Must be 25 years of age or older to rent home and be present at property during your booking dates
- Air Conditioning: Due to mild/cooler weather, most properties do not have air conditioning. If air conditioning is not provided, fans may be available
- Snow plowing/removal services provided: Roads and driveway are plowed when 3" or more of snowfall occurs to keep roads and driving conditions as manageable and safe as possible.
All homes feature standards amenities including Wi-Fi, cable or satellite, equipped kitchen, high quality bed linens and bath towels and a starter kit of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, face and body soap, dish soap, dishwashing and laundry detergent, paper towels, toilet paper, kleenex and trash bags.
Coffee Maker: standard/drip.
What to be aware of:
- No pets
- No smoking
- No events or house parties
- Check-out time: 10am
- Parking: 1 small vehicle can fit in garage, 4 in driveway
- Recommend vehicles with AWD during inclement weather
What You'll Love:
- Great location, year-round destination, Lake and Mountain Views
- Steps away from the Lake on the West Shore, close to slopes, hiking trails and more
- Two Master Ensuite, 5 full bathrooms
- Connected full bathroom in each room
- Spacious home with a living and family room
- Open, backyard with deck, BBQ, large lawn area and creek running though it - newly landscaped
- HOA private amenities on the Lake
- Library room converts into guest bedroom with Qn sofa sleeper